International cooperation helps supreme audit institutions (SAIs) to enhance quality of their work in the field of auditing state property management, state budget funds, and financial means granted from abroad. The Supreme Audit Office (SAO) recognizes the importance of such cooperation and inter-institutional relations and thus it continuously develops and maintains its professional relations with supreme audit institutions from all over the world, both through membership in international organizations or though direct bilateral or multilateral cooperation.
Objectives of the SAO in the field of international affairs are:
- To get familiarized with audit approaches and best practices developed and used by other SAIs and international institutions;
- To develop methodologies and share experiences with other SAIs and international institutions;
- To support exchange of information on public sector auditing among SAIs and international institutions;
- To educate its auditors and other employees continuously and to support secondments, trainings, and participation in international seminars, workshops, and conferences;
- To develop relationships between national and international audit institutions and organisations;
- To initiate and to participate in coordinated audits;
- To strengthen its international reputation.
In order to achieve these goals, the SAO:
- Regularly and actively participates in international training events;
- Participates in the activities of working groups of the INTOSAI, the EUROSAI, the Contact Committee of the SAIs of the EU and other organisations;
- Organizes seminars, meetings of experts and working groups;
- Organises and arranges secondments for its employees and nominates them as national experts and observers to international organizations or audit institutions;
- Participates in coordinated audits with other audit institutions;
- Establishes and develops bilateral and multilateral cooperation with other countries and institutions.
Department of International Relations
The Department of International Relations is responsible for dealing with the international agenda of the SAO. It is one of the departments of the President’s Office.
The Department of International Relations:
- Arranges the SAO’s cooperation with other supreme audit institutions, with the International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI), the European Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (EUROSAI), the European Court of Auditors (ECA) and other bodies of the European Union, with the International Board of Auditors for NATO (IBAN) and with other international institutions (hereinafter as audit institutions abroad);
- Seeks, analyses and further uses information on the activities of audit institutions abroad and presents this information to the management and other organisational bodies of the SAO;
- Evaluates the process of approximation of the Czech law to the law of the European Communities;
- Identifies and evaluates needs of the SAO in the field of international cooperation and in cooperation with other SAO’s responsible departments works out the annual plan of international activities of the SAO, arranges and monitors their realisation;
- Organizes and arranges international activities of the SAO, especially international relations and visits of the President, the Vice-President, Members and employees of the SAO abroad, visits of international delegations to the SAO and international events organized by the SAO;
- Provides translations of documents;
- Co-organises secondments and assignments of SAO’s officials as national experts to institutions of the European Union, international audit bodies or to other government organisations.
Ms. Sylva Müllerová, Director of Department of International Relations
Phone (+420) 233 045 536, Fax (+420) 233 044 636 or e-mail sylva.mullerova (at) nku.cz
Mr. Martin Kolman, Liaison Officer for EU affairs
Phone (+420) 233 045 332, Fax (+420) 233 044 332
or e-mail martin.kolman (at) nku.cz
CR - Supreme Audit Office, Jankovcova St. 2, 170 04 Prague 7, Czech Republic