Seminar on SAI´s Communication Challenges
On June 4–6, 2014, the Supreme Audit Office was organising a seminar entitled “SAI´s Communication Challenges”, which aimed at communication, public relations, and media. Among attendees to the event were communication experts from supreme audit institutions of Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, and Greece and from the European Court of Auditors.
The Seminar’s main objectives included exchange of the experience and visions in the field of external and internal communications of supreme audit institutions, utilisation of different communication channels, communication practices and tools, and comparison of communication priorities. At the Seminar, there were also workshops and discussions aimed at experience with digital media and their further use by supreme audit institutions, for example in presentations about audit results.
Main Seminar Objectives
Exchange Vision and Experience
- SAI´s external and internal communication
- SAI´s PR and PA practices and tools
Share Good Practice
- SAI´s utilisation of different communication channels
- Focusing on various target groups
Compare Communication Strategy
- Approaches to communication
- SAI´s communication priorities
Discuss Digital Media
- Experience with digital media and their further use
- Modern possibilities in the field of communication
Solve Model Situation
- Hands-on opportunity to solve SAI´s communication challenges
- Workshops aiming at effective media communication examples
Main Seminar Topics
External Communication - Content and Target Groups
- Supply and Demand - Creating SAI´s public image - Dos and Don´ts
- Influence on successful communication - timing, regularity, quality of speakers, etc.
- Audit output vs. media output - factors influencing the final media output
- Possibilities of diversification of media outputs in relation to target groups
- Mass vs. targeted communication - effectiveness and impact difference
External Communication - Speakers
- The right person for the job
- The right number of speakers for establishing a cohesive SAI´s identity
- Speaker´s formation - training costs and added value
- Speaker´s positioning - clerk vs. expert
- What channels of internal communication does your SAI use?
- What are the obstacles of internal communication at your SAI?
- Do you consult internal communication issues with external agencies?
- Which of internal communication channels you find the most efficient?
- Do you consider enhancement of your internal communication and why?
- Marketing tools available to SAIs
- Target groups segmentation
- Variety of outputs related to target groups
- Agenda (pdf, 333 kB)
- List of Participants (pdf, 255 kB)
- Practical information (pdf, 182 kB)
- Identified Marketing Tools (pdf, 59 kB)
- Internal Communication (pdf, 47 kB)
- Marketing (pdf, 40 kB)
- New Challenges (pdf, 46 kB)
- New Tools (pdf, 42 kB)
- Sli.do - questions and results (pdf, 235 kB)
- Evaluation Report (pdf, 754 kB)
- Digital media: Social media SAI´s online presence - Helena Piron Mäki-Korvela (European Court of Auditors) (pdf, 740 kB)
- Effective Communication and our Target Groups - Olga Málková (SAO Czech Republic) (pdf, 504 kB)
- Internal Communication - Olga Málková (SAO Czech Republic) (pdf, 850 kB)
- Media Communications - Juuli Hurskainen (NAO Finland) (pdf, 563 kB)
- SAI and trust management - Denisa Hejlová (Charles University in Prague) (pdf, 1332 kB)
- SAI's marketing - Martine Hendriksen/Marco Buzing (SAI Netherlands) (pdf, 3282 kB)